"What are the donation deadlines?"
If your donation was made within the 2012 calender year, by December 31, 2012; it qualifies as a federal charitable contribution and a 2012 dollar-for-dollar state tax credit.
If your donation is made by April 15, 2013; it qualifies for a 2012 or 2013 dollar-for-dollar state tax credit and as a 2013 federal charitable contribution.
Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) Flow chart
An Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) is a scholarship established to provide an education for qualified students, and which must include reading, grammar, mathematics, social studies, and science in their curriculum. The ESA seeks to deliver more educational options and a high quality education. ESA Staff is committed to providing qualifying students with as many educational opportunities as possible.
The ESA accounts are not managed by STO’s or private schools. It is a contract between the State of Arizona and the parents.
Application for the 2013/2014 School Year:
ESA staff will accept applications for the 2013/2014 school year January 1-May 1, 2013. ESA enrollment for the 2013-2014 school year will only be offered during this time.
1. A student who receives a scholarship from a School Tuition Organization (STO) intended for a student with a disability and continues to attend a qualified school.
2. A student who has previously participated in the Empowerment Scholarship Account program.
3. A student who attends a school or school district that has been assigned a letter grade of “D” or “F” by the Arizona Department of Education (ADE). (List of failing schools)
4. A student who has previously received an Arizona Scholarship for Pupils with Disabilities.
5. A student who is the child or legal ward of a member of the United States Armed Forces stationed in Arizona.
All qualified students must have attended a public school for the previous 100 days except for those students receiving a displaced/disabled Arizona scholarship.
Parents interested in the State of Arizona Empowerment Scholarships Accounts (ESA) are encouraged to contact the Arizona’s Department of Education.
Department of Education Link: http://www.azed.gov/esa/
Phone: (602) 364-1969
Email Karla.email@example.com :
Department of Education Customer Support: (602) 542-3710 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2012 tax forms are now available
What We Do
Welcome to Arizona's Catholic Tuition Support Organization of the Diocese of Tucson (CTSO). CTSO has provided students with the opportunity for an education centered in moral, academic and faith-filled values. To date, CTSO has awarded tuition scholarships to more than 30,000 students. All made possible through the generous contributions of the public and corporate community, the Private School Tuition Tax Credit and the Corporate Tuition Tax Credit.
School Tuition Organizations cannot award, restrict or reserve scholarships solely based upon a donor's recommendation. Taxpayers may not claim a tax credit if the taxpayer agrees to swap donations with another taxpayer to benefit either taxpayer's own dependent.